Things I’ve Learned
There really is a special wisdom that comes from children. If we are willing to listen, we can all learn a thing or two from the simplistic wisdom of children. It can also make life a little more fun and enjoyable. Here are a few things I’ve learned from my daughters.
Things I’ve learned from my four-year-old:
1. Cookies are an acceptable meal at any time of day.
2. Life is just better when you’re wearing a tiara.
3. Don’t take “no” for an answer–ever. (If necessary, shout “I said, yes” each time someone tells you no. It doesn’t help get your way, but apparently it makes you feel better.)
4. When in doubt, shout!
5. It’s okay to wear a swim suit in the bath tub.
6. Flying insects are the scariest things on the planet.
Things I’ve learned from my one-year-old:
1. Crayons are an acceptable meal any time of day.
2. Life is better when you’re wearing a blanket on your head.
3.When someone tells you no, simply shake your head and continue with what you were doing. People just laugh and tell you how cute you are.
4. When you don’t know what to say, jabber endlessly and point at random.
5. It’s okay to pee in the bath tub.
6. Flying insects are delicious.
Indeed, words to live by.