As a way to keep my “non-paying” tasks from falling between the cracks, I’ve created this task list to help me stay focused on the business side of my work. As I accomplish these, I’ll mark them off and provide a brief description of how they were accomplished. Maybe my mistakes can help others.
Tasks to be Done:
- Develop and implement an organizational system for job tracking [DONE 11/12/2011]
- Set up electronic budgeting software to track payments and expenses
- Open a business bank account [DONE 2/28/2012]
- Update/revamp business website: http://www.briggsfreelance.com [in the works]
- Set up second blog on business site
- Set up Facebook Business page
- Set up a Twitter account
- Develop a balanced work schedule to upkeep the social media initiatives and keep track of business expenses while completing jobs on time.